Tuesday, October 04, 2005

So, it's been a big week. At work, my main man Tarik has decided to leave for greener pastures. The guy is good, and an awesome friend. I'm really going to miss commuting with him and having conversations about the state of the union and such. He's been a huge influence at eBay. If anybody ever needs a top notch web application architect, he's your man.

This blog is supposed to be about toys and web development and such, but you know, at this moment, that stuff isn't on my mind. I've been pondering about a different topic since this morning when I found out about the supreme court nominee that Mr bush has nominated. I gotta say I don't know anything about her qualifications or anything about what she has done, but I keep thinking about two facts. 1. She has worked for the president before and been a lobbyist in Texas. 2. She has never been a judge before. Now, I have a conservative bent to me, no doubt about it, but I definitely don't rubberstamp everything that Mr bush or the republican senators do. And I gotta say that this nomination strikes me as an incredible display of cronyism and favoritism. You'd think bush would have learned his lesson from the Fema affair, but apparently not.

Sheesh George, how about hiring someone who at least has had some judge experience... You know you could probably get whatever justice through that you wanted. I have to think that there are more qualified candidates out there....

No comments: